Sunday, September 13, 2009

Hexagons

This is the fabric that I was sent by Sara for the MishMashStashBash Quilting Bee! And Sara requested a 12.5" block using hexagons! Sooooo.......

Here it is!!! Not your regular 'garden' variety hexagons!!!
I just loved all the pretty flowers in the fabric...so I played them up a bit! And made it asymmetrical for interest!

I had initially tried to use the applique stitch on my machine to applique these darling little hexagons...however, the quilting marker I used to trace my hexagons bled into the fabric, and normally just washes out with water, NOT THIS TIME!!!! It disappeared alright...but it CAME BACK! This has never happened to be before...and I started to panic a little!

So I opted for a satin stitch instead...and it has hidden the blue very well!
I just love this bee (both bees I am apart of actually). I love the creative freedom...and the challenge of learning something new! I know this isn't a hexagon-pieced block, but I think it will add interest among the other blocks! Hope she likes it!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Carmen
I am young mother of 4 darling children. I'm also a full-time Labor & Delivery RN. I love to quilt, sew, knit, crochet, do just about anything crafty, in my spare time.
View my complete profile

Followers

quilt haiti