Friday, June 12, 2009

Overdue Update

It's been over a week since my last post! I'm trying to keep up...but life around my house, is what I call "Organized Chaos!"

Anyhoo...my hubby and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary of June 10th! It's incredible how fast time goes by. Some days I can't believe we've been married this long...and other days it feels like we've been married forever! This year, our anniversary fell on baseball night! So we spent the evening at the baseball diamonds watching our eldest son and daughter play ball. So in lieu of a dinner out...my hubby bought me this the weekend before out anniversary!



I've been wanting one of these FOREVER!! I couldn't justify buying it myself for no reason. He totally surprised me...because we already have just about every other gaming system known to man, and didn't really need another one!! It's not exactly romantic...but he knew how much I've been wanting one! He also knows how much I want to get rid of this extra baby weight that I'm still carrying around...and I don't have time to get to a gym between full-time nursing, and 4 children (2 in school)!

So next year...I warned him...I was expecting a lovely piece of jewellery for one of my fingers with numerous diamonds in it...and he has a whole year to save up for it!! LOL...and in return for that I am planning on taking us away somewhere (perhaps hot!) sans children! We never really got a proper honeymoon...we went away to Niagra Falls for 3 days with our 10 month old son!! How romantic is that!!! I'm thinking about going to The Couples Resort. My sister got married here this spring, and it was incredible...and it's couples only!


Ok...so...in return...my gift for my hubby was this...





And he was very pleased!

On a crafting note...I haven't done much lately...I'm working on an expandable handbag found here.

I've sent Kat back her block, and am looking forward to receiving fabric from Shorty for July!

I'm also taking part in a fat quarter swap! And following my sister's lead, I placed all FQs in identical envelopes, mixed them up, and then addressed them...so I don't even know who's getting what! All I will say is that they are all from the same collection!

That's it for now...I'm working nights all weekend...so not much of anything will get done...

Cheers!






1 comments:

Kat said...

What a thoughtful hubby! Now you just need guitar hero and you'll be all set!

Congratulations on you anniversary.

About Me

My Photo
Carmen
I am young mother of 4 darling children. I'm also a full-time Labor & Delivery RN. I love to quilt, sew, knit, crochet, do just about anything crafty, in my spare time.
View my complete profile

Followers

quilt haiti