Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Pillow...the 1st of many?!?!?!

So I've had these fabrics for almost a year...with the intention of making pillows for my daughters' room...which is 'Key Lime' green...it's actually a very nice color...

This is what I came up with (with the help of a tutorial found here)! A lot easier than I imagined...and it didn't turn out too bad. The pillow form itself is a little smaller than the stated size (I think) so the case is a little 'roomy'...and I wanted it to be removable so it could be washed when the girls get it dirty (and I'm sure this will happen).
Posted by Picasa
The back gapes open a little...and I'm pretty sure it has to do with the lesser quality of fabric...unfortunately, my stash lacks in good quality solids/blenders of bright colors...perhaps an excuse to go shopping...Hmmmmmm?!?!?!?
So...I have several other pillow forms...I'm talking like 5 or 6 more...in varying sizes...right up to 26" square...which I'm having a hard time deciding what to do as far as the front goes...I think I would like to quilt something??? These monsters will be floor pillows...2 for the girls...1 for the boys! If anyone has any ideas...please let me know...I'm open to all suggestions!
Cheers!

1 comments:

Trisha said...

Very nice. I like the back and the fact you can wash it. Keep them coming!!

About Me

My Photo
Carmen
I am young mother of 4 darling children. I'm also a full-time Labor & Delivery RN. I love to quilt, sew, knit, crochet, do just about anything crafty, in my spare time.
View my complete profile

Followers

quilt haiti